If you’re like me, you wake up in the morning and put on your exercise clothes immediately so that you incentivize yourself to actually do something athletic. This way, I’m always constantly prepared to break out into a run if I need to. This works about 60% of the time, which is a pretty good percentage for me.
I wish I looked like Eva Longoria when I worked out. Jeez Louise.
The only problem is, if I looked this good working out, I wouldn’t work out. It makes no sense to me. I’d be in Miami picking up dudes at the Standard pool in a neon pink Brazilian cut bikini. Right?
Over the years, I’ve discovered certain items of clothes do not fit me no matter what. A greatest hits list include: Bell sleeves, peasant dresses, light colored denim, turtlenecks, and mostly, capri pants. The capri pants thing is a little sad because I love workout capri pants. Runyon Canyon is full of hot little runners zipping around in them. Unfortunately, they don’t work on me because they accentuate my thighs in an unflattering way, and also because they reveal my socks, which aren’t cute little girl bobby socks; they are bulky mens athletic socks I buy from Costco once every five years in 48 packs with my dad. No one wants to see them.
The best, most comfortable, and most flattering sports pants I have ever bought and worn are the Lucy Hatha Yoga Pant.
Fitted on the hips and through the thighs, with a small flare at the bottom, they are so comfortable and completely cool to run around town in. I once ran into baller movie studio head Ron Meyer while I was wearing these. It was during the NBA finals so I was also in a Celtics hoodie and neon green plastic frame sunglasses I got at the carwash-– in LA no less— and I actually felt kind of like a cool LA person with my shit together because of the pants.
I’m also the kind of person who thinks that following washing instruction labels on clothes are an insult and a total waste of time. I’ve been throwing these pants in the wash with abandon on various settings over the years and they always maintain their shape. Way to go, Lucy. Thanks for making workout clothes for girls like me.
- selkiegrrl likes this
- classy-defiance likes this
- ladycarol likes this
- beyoncepadthai1993 likes this
- brightbluebella likes this
- itsmaddelinexoxo likes this
- i-woke-up-like-thissss likes this
- travelliveeat likes this
- zasd reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling
- zasd likes this
- jackiebacc19 likes this
- swaviey likes this
- bravelostreckless likes this
- notperfectbutstrong reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling
- carouselcritique likes this
- managingmischiefsince1988 reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling
- tapestryapp reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling and added:
- mytelevisedmind likes this
- episkyee likes this
- mandascloset likes this
- girlinwhitecotton likes this
- jenniferniven likes this
- curlsandchaos reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling
- emayekay likes this
- wandersaway likes this
- twinklylightsandstarrynights likes this
- ccmeeks likes this
- tastemeimemo likes this
- larienelauren likes this
- mandayipe likes this
- tess-weller likes this
- chicago-karma-slave likes this
- girl-with-the-red-sh0es likes this
- mjdangers likes this
- listenfivestenistalking reblogged this from theconcernsofmindykaling
- deathbyviola likes this
- newcastle125 likes this
- nikkipd likes this
- kdoy32 likes this
- thepessimistmachine likes this
- calmpandemonium likes this
- dylpyckle likes this
- jennaaay13 likes this
- sweetangel33 likes this
- lizlime likes this
- feefs2413 likes this
- sigmastolen likes this
- leoyescribo likes this
- stefakneemarie likes this